Festival Diary: SBIFF 2014

SBIFF or Santa Barbara International Film Festival (http://sbiff.org/) kicked off yesterday and will run until February 9th. It is the 29th edition of the festival. Yay! I am driving tomorrow morning to the seaside town and spend the next two days traveling the world again with the filmmakers as my guide.

Oscar frontrunner Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine) will be feted tomorrow night and I hope I can make it. Filipino festival favorite "Transit" (dir. Hannah Espia) will be screened during the festival along with Singapore's acclaimed film "Ilo Ilo" (dir. Anthony Chen). Fun times ahead.

Below are the movies that i have penciled and hope to catch during my two day trip.

29th SBIFF Screen Grab.
Saturday:

Eastern Boys (8:30 AM)
Mount Joy (10:20 AM)
Sam (1:00 PM)
Cold Eyes (4:40 PM)
Night Has Settled (7:00 PM)
The Gambler (10:10 PM)

Sunday:

Barefoot (11:00 AM)
Clownwise (1:20 PM)
Late Spring (4:00 PM)
Warren (7:00 PM)

Don't ask me anything about the movies as I haven't seen the program yet. I hope they are all good! I am particularly looking forward to watching "Barefoot" - it stars Evan Rachel Wood who, i think, is a remarkably underrated actress!

XXX
Raymond Lo


No comments :

Post a Comment