Renee Zellwegger: "I am different"


Renee Zellwegger issued a statement to PEOPLE magazine yesterday and she explained why she looks "different" today. I must admit, i am among the millions of her followers who were caught surprised by how different she looked when she stepped on the red carpet at Elle Magazine's Women in Hollywood event Monday evening.

She doesn't look bad, oh, goodness no! I, like many others, just took some time to get over my disbelief over how her face changed so dramatically. I was shocked how radically different she looks. And if it is science to blame or to thank depending on your sense of humor today, that's a debate for another day. But for the entire day, yesterday, I was gushing along with many of my Facebook friends at her improbable, magical facial transformation...

Here's Renee's statement:

"I'm glad folks think I look different! I'm living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows.

"It seems the folks who come digging around for some nefarious truth which doesn't exist won't get off my porch until I answer the door.

"My friends say that I look peaceful. I am healthy. For a long time I wasn't doing such a good job with that. I took on a schedule that is not realistically sustainable and didn't allow for taking care of myself.

"Rather than stopping to recalibrate, I kept running until I was depleted and made bad choices about how to conceal the exhaustion. I was aware of the chaos and finally chose different things.

"People don't know me (as) healthy for a while. Perhaps I look different. Who doesn't as they get older?! Ha. But I am different. I'm happy."

And I say, "You go, Girl!"

Happiness is what we all chase. If we have to alter, change, drop or improve anything in our bodies and our lives, we are all entitled to it. Thank you, Renee, for making me realize that.

XXX
Raymond Lo

No comments :

Post a Comment