Movies: January 2014 List

January was a busy month. I went to two film festivals: Palm Springs and the Scandinavian Film Festival in Beverly Hills and saw over a dozen films. I also caught up with several 2013 movies in theaters and some older ones that i missed on DVDs and blu-rays.

Here are the movies that took away so many hours from me this past month. (With their respective ratings, of course.)

Transit (Philippines) - 5 Stars
Ilo Ilo (Singapore) - 5 Stars
Metro Manila (UK) - 4 Stars
Tatuagem (Brazil) - 1 Star
Han Gong-ju (Korea) - 4 Stars
The Broken Circle Breakdown (Belgium) - 5 Stars
The Wolf of Wall Street (US) - 3 Stars
Secret Life of Walter Mitty (US) - 1 Star
American Hustle (US) - 4 Stars
Girl,Boy,Bakla,Tomboy (Philippines) - 1/2 Star
Full Speed (France) DVD - 3 Stars
The Mudge Boy (US) DVD - 3 Stars
Bekikang (Philippines) DVD - 1 Star
The Monuments Men (US) - 2 Stars
About Time (UK) DVD - 3 Stars
Les Miserables (US) DVD - 3 Stars
Mother, I Love You (Latvia) - 5 Stars
The Disciple (Finland) - 4 Stars
Call Girl (Sweden) - 5 Stars
Frost (Iceland) - 2 Stars
Conversations on Serious Topics (Lithuania) - 4 Stars
The Shooter (Norway) - 3 Stars
Two Lives (Germany/Norway) - 3 Stars
We Are The Best! (Sweden) - 5 Stars

Empire State (US) DVD - 1 Star
The Internship (US) DVD - 1 Star

We Are The Best!
My best film of the month is: "We Are The Best!" (Not because it proudly declares itself the best but simply because it gave me this unexpected urge to run down the cinema lobby, start dancing to a music in my head, ignore the strange eyes and just proudly be myself - and be the best that i am for who else will call me the best but myself!) 

Runner-up: "Ilo Ilo", "Mother, I love You", "The Broken Circle Breakdown"

XXX
Raymond Lo

No comments :

Post a Comment