Movies: April 2014 List

The Fault in our Stars
My calendar the past two months has been rather busy (which is good, $ kind of good, you know) and i have been reduced to watching movies just on DVD or Blu-ray and my singular visit to the cineplex only yielded disappointing results.


However, i saw one movie this month that will open in theaters in June and which i truly, truly adore! It's based on a book that i haven't read but already bought and gave away a few copies just because it's supposed to be one of the best books written in the past couple of years.

I am referring of course to John Green's "The Fault in our Stars", which will open in cinemas June 6 - and, which i think, will be one of the sleeper hits of the summer!). I went to the junket and interviewed the leads and the author. My stories will see print very soon and will definitely share with you when it hits online.

Meanwhile, here are the ten movies i saw this month.  

Nymphomaniac: Volume 2 (US/Denmark) 4 and 1/2 Stars
August: Osage County (US) DVD 3 Stars
Old Boy (US) DVD 2 Stars
The Grandmaster (HK) DVD 4 1/2 Stars
The Fault In Our Stars (US) 5 Stars!!!!
On The Road (US) DVD 3 and 1/2 Stars
Shame (US/UK) DVD 4 Stars
Noah (US) 2 Stars
Drug War (HK) DVD 5 Stars
Outrage:Beyond (Japan) DVD 4 Stars

This month, i also discovered the movies of HK's Johnnie To. I loved his current film "Drug War" and i saw a couple more in May which i will share when i post my May summary.

But my favorite of the month is easily "The Fault in our Stars". I will print my review after my main stories have come out but the 5 stars i gave it indicates how much i looooooved it!

XXX
Raymond De Asis Lo

No comments :

Post a Comment