Oscars 2015: Nominees React!

Now that the Oscar nominations are in, the next step in the dance is usually the series of statements that the elated nominees share with the public on the recognition they received from the highly-coveted film award in the world.

ABC News gathered the following statements:

Ethan Hawke, first-time nominee for Best Actor, "Boyhood"
"There are many reasons why this nomination means so much to me. As I get older, I realize the only thing any artist wants is the respect of others who have dedicated their lives to same goals we have. I am so grateful to the members of the Academy for recognizing such a long labor of love. The uniqueness of "Boyhood" is not lost on any of us involved; I never have and never will be associated with an artistic endeavor that was as unique in its DNA. I am so thankful for this collaboration with Rick, Patricia, Ellar and Lorelai. Truly."

Emma Stone, first time nominee for Best Supporting Actress, "Birdman"
"Well, this is surreal... Thank you to the Academy for this incredible honor," she said in a statement. "I am very proud and lucky to be a part of 'Birdman' and can't believe it came to this. I am so fucking excited. Are you allowed to say fuck when you're making a statement for the Oscars? I'm just really fucking excited."

Keira Knightly, Best Supporting Actress nominee, "The Imitation Game"
"I'm so honoured and grateful for this nomination and to be in the company of such talented and inspiring actresses. Thank you to the Academy for this recognition and also for honoring so many of the film's storytellers. I would like to think the many recognition the Academy has given our movie is a celebration of Alan Turing's legacy."

Benedict Cumberbatch, first time nominee for Best Actor, "The Imitation Game"
"So excited and honored to receive this recognition. It's wonderful to be included by the Academy in this exceptional year of performances. To ring my parents who are both actors and tell them that their only son has been nominated for an Oscar is one of the proudest moments of my life.”

Julianne Moore, leading contender for Best Actress, "Still Alice"
"Thank u everyone for the congratulations! i am so happy i can barely breathe #makingmyselfdizzy #AcademyAwards"

Reese Witherspoon, Best Actress nominee, "Wild"
"So happy to celebrate 2 #Oscarnominations for #WILDmovie with my deeply beautiful & talented costar @lauradern!" 

Eddie Redmayne, first time nominee for Best Actor, "The Theory of Everything" 
"I cannot tell you how surreal this is. I’ve literally gone from an incredibly deep sleep to a 100 mile an hour insane euphoria in about three seconds – so I have no idea what planet I’m on. I wasn’t watching like everyone else. I’m in Los Angeles and I was asleep and there’s suddenly this rap on the door and I was in pitch black and I stumble towards the door and it was my manager Jason who was staying at the same hotel with this wonderful group of people who were all on the phone who I’ve been working with for years and there was just this eclectic company of screaming going on on the phone."

Felicity Jones, first time nominee for Best Actress, "The Theory of Everything"
"We’ve been screaming together. And my brother so it’s just so, I can’t quite believe it’s happened. It’s something you never quite expect. It’s been one of those films that we just have had cared so so deeply about. So it’s just unbelievable. And it’s so great that the film has been nominated. And Eddie and Antoine. So it’s just yeah it’s fantastic, fantastic news."

Mark Ruffalo, Best Supporting Actor nominee, "Foxcatcher"
"Thank You @TheAcademy for the #Foxcatcher nomination! Honored and humbled. Thanks @channingtatum @SteveCarell and Bennett Miller. The best. Thanks to all you folks with so many congratulations tweets. Heart warming support. You are too damn good."

Common, Best Song nominee, "Glory" for the movie "Selma"
"Such an honor for me, @johnlegend @AVAETC and my @selmamovie family. Thanks to @TheAcademy #oscars"

John Legend, Best Song nominee, "Glory" for the movie "Selma"
"So grateful for @TheAcademy Award nomination for GLORY!!! On MLK's birthday!!"

Hans Zimmer, Best Original Score nominee, "Interstellar"
"Without a shadow of doubt, the score for "Interstellar" was Chris and I at our most collaborative. Even in this modern world of texting and emailing, sometimes all you need is a simple, type-written letter from your director to spark what undoubtedly became one of the most personal scores I've ever written."

From Hitfix:

Marion Cotillard, Best Actress nominee for "Two Days, One Night"
"My phone started to ring like constantly and the phone of the hotel where I'm staying started to ring, too. I got a little worried that something had happened and, actually, something happened, but that was a good thing! So, my wonderful publicist called me this morning at five something and that's how I found out. I was totally in shock. These past few days, every time someone would talk to me about a nomination I would make fun of them because I didn't think it was possible. I didn't even think it was impossible. I didn't think about it at all."

See you at the Oscars!

XXX
Raymond Lo


No comments :

Post a Comment